Those of you who follow me on Facebook have seen images of my worktable in the last day(s), showing that I am working on 346 again, or rather this time on the box for the first two copies (some more will come in a simpler container).
Some of you might remember that I have still some difficulties to overcome for the scroll itself. I am not sure I mentioned it, but I finished a first scroll on the actual paper I want to use, and I made a tube without visible greyboard – but the scroll didn’t fit inside. It turns out the scroll has 5 panels too many. I am still pondering my options, but I think I’ll make it a big taller, so that it will need less pages. I am just a little reluctant because that means I have to revise all the graphics placements.
Today I had a visitor in my studio, working alongside me on his own book project. Listening to children’s songs, I tried different ways to create flooring for my box. And this is how it looks tonight (I added some more miniature apples and mail for couleur, and a pencil for scale):
Still rather empty, and obviously the bed is not even finished yet. But I am slowly getting there.
It is amazing how quickly you settle into a larger space: Even with my son occupying some space, I still had about three time as much work surface as I used to, and it was all occupied and well used today: I even resolved to the old habit of glueing things on a piece of cardboard on the floor. I can’t even imagine anymore working in a space as small as I did until very recently.
A brief update on the whole naming thing: I tried to switch my etsy shop to BookTiger, but unfortunately that shop name is already taken. So I am still thinking…
Have a great weekend, everyone!